VICENZA, ITALY (October 5, 2023) – Sonus faber is excited to announce the launch of its new active wireless stereo speaker – Duetto, a wireless stereo speaker system featuring a multi-component HiFi system with distinct characteristics across design, sound quality, connectivity, and ease of use.
The external design of Duetto follows the Sonus faber decades old philosophy of the most natural sound reproduction through the use of natural materials. The Duetto lute shape wood cabinet merged with an elegant and custom designed heatsink guarantees stiffness and musicality while avoiding internal resonance, creating the Sonus faber signature Natural Sound. It also has a leather top interface SENSO™ which allows for the user to control and set up the speaker functions such as volume, input selection, and connections.
“Our intention behind expanding into the wireless speaker category is to provide our consumers with the Sonus faber authentic sound quality they know and love combined into one versatile package. Duetto is a true Sonus faber stereo system, blending 40 years of premium speaker design, Italian style and materials with the modern technology and streaming features,” said Chief of Design Livio Cucuzza. “Today’s streaming capabilities does not compromise quality but rather offers an even higher quality for an almost infinite choice of music. Place the Duetto in your preferred space, choose your favorite source, close your eyes, and enjoy a one-of-a-kind listening experience”.
Duetto is a 2-way stereo system, featuring a 0.7” tweeter and a 5.25” mid-woofer, all formulated from scratch in Vicenza, Italy by the Sonus faber research and design team.
- The silk dome tweeter is equipped with a copper cap to amplify the driver’s emphasis on the lower frequencies, while keeping the highest notes smooth and clear, and encompasses a waveguide ring that increases an out-of-axis response and guarantees an astonishing listening experience from every part of the room.
- The paper pulp mid-woofer is rigged with surround suspension and a neodymium magnet to achieve the deepest frequencies and is enclosed in the new Sonus faber Organic Basket which prevents resonance and eases the air flow production by the long excursion of the driver.
- The speaker also includes two amplifiers – a 100W class AB amplifier that takes care of the tweeter for accurate and smooth high frequency reproduction and a 205W class D amplifier that supports the power needed from the mid-woofer to deliver deep and firm basses.
Duetto furthers Sonus faber innovation into a world of analog and digital connection by taking connectivity to the next level.
- Sonus faber developed the Sonus faber app that allows the user to customize all the settings for all Sonus faber wireless products (Omnia and Duetto)
- Users can easily connect to a TV through the HDMI and optical inputs, to a turntable through the Turntable ready phono built-in, and to an active subwoofer that can be automatically recognized through the Duetto setup system
- Duetto is WiFi CertifiedTM and features a full suit of digital connection to popular audio streamers including AirPlay, Chromecast, Tidal, Spotify, Roon ready, and Bluetooth
- Duetto is fixed with UWB (Ultra Wide Band) technology that avoids latency and interference in the connection between the two speakers. UWB also guarantees a very wide frequency spectrum to send data signals at high speed
The Sonus faber Duetto will be available through authorized Sonus faber dealers starting October 2023 for $3,999 USD per pair.
Duetto stands are sold separately for $749.